Strategy and Planning
- Assessment of the university’s requirements for student accommodation and developing a roadmap for delivery
- Recommendations regarding the mix and location of accommodation
- Assessment of delivery options and partners.
Design and Delivery of Accommodation
- A key stakeholder in building and landscaping requirements
- Responsibility for decisions regarding purchase and replacement of furniture, refurbishments and minor projects
- Proposals to improve facilities
Sales and Marketing
- Sales and marketing activities for all UNSW Student Accommodation
- Management and administration of resident applications
Day to day management of all aspects of student accommodation and residential life, including:
- engagement of Resident Fellows and Community Assistants
- arranging a balanced activities and events calendar
- resident safety and well-being.
Our Core Purpose
Our core purpose is to provide a safe and supportive home for our students and a vibrant community lifestyle, while encouraging the friendships and experiences that are such an essential part of university life.
Expanding the Student Accommodation portfolio
We are expanding the UNSW Student Accommodation portfolio in an operationally, environmentally and financially sustainable manner that supports the growth of the university in all of its facets. We are also creating a working environment that is focused on delivering service excellence through teamwork and mutual respect.
A Living Community
UNSW Student Accommodation is a community that provides a supportive living environment to nearly 2,000 students across 10 buildings. The style of accommodation varies from independent living in apartments to fully catered colleges.
Our customers are predominantly undergraduate students studying at the Kensington campus.
Approximately 64% are international students.
Postgraduate and Study Abroad Students
There is a small cohort of Postgraduate students (~16%) as well as approximately 300 Study Abroad and Exchange students each year.