1. These terms and conditions of the UNSW Food & Retail Campus Bingo Competition (“Competition”) are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales.
2. These terms and conditions, instructions on how to enter and other details contained within promotional advertisements for the Competition form the Competition terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). If there is any inconsistency between the instructions on how to enter, other details contained within promotional advertisements and the terms and conditions set out in this document, the terms and conditions set out in this document will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
3. By entering the Competition, you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions.
4. The Competition organiser is The University of New South Wales, ABN 57 195 873 179 of Kensington, NSW, 2052 ("UNSW Sydney”).
5. The competition theme is focused on exploring the UNSW Kensington campus through a campus bingo activity and sharing the experience on Instagram.
Who can enter?
6. The Competition is open to all staff and students of UNSW Sydney.
How to enter
7.1 The Competition commences on 2 March 2020 at 9.00am AEDT and closes on 5 April 2020 at 11:59pm AEDT (“Competition Period”).
7.2 To enter the Competition, you must do the following during the Competition Period:
a) Complete any 3 activities in a row on the ‘Campus Bingo’ card (Available for collection at retailers on the UNSW Kensington campus, or accessible digitally via @unswfoodandretail on Instagram). Take a photo of the activity at each completion. All photos and captions must be the entrant’s original work.
b) Post the photos on Instagram and tag @unswfoodandretail, or if you prefer, DM the account.
7.3 Entries not submitted during the Competition Period or not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will not be valid and will not be eligible to win.
7.4 Entry to the Competition is free. You are responsible for any costs associated with entering the Competition, which may include costs associated with accessing the internet.
7.5 You may enter the Competition as many times as you wish, provided you follow these Terms and Conditions for each entry.
7.6 Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid and excluded from the Competition.
7.7 Inappropriate, defamatory, racist or offensive entries will be deemed invalid and excluded from the Competition.
7.8 Certain companies do not allow photographs to be taken of their brand or representatives. It is up to each entrant to determine whether a photo they take includes a company’s brand or a photo of their representatives that is prohibited. Photographs taken of the brand or representatives of prohibited companies will disqualify the entry.
7.9 UNSW Sydney reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and the eligibility of entrants and to disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility criteria or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
7.10 All decisions made by UNSW Sydney about the eligibility of entrants and the validity of entries will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
How to enter and win
8.1 This is a game of chance. The usernames of all eligible entries will be entered into an online random generator. This will be used to randomly select the winners.
8.2 The Competition has five (5) rounds. Each round will open at 9.00am AEST each Monday during the Competition Period and will close at 11.59pm AEST on the following Sunday. There will be one (1) prize winner per round, with 5 prize winners in total over the course of the Competition Period.
8.3 A total of 5 prizes packs will be given away. Each prize pack is valued at $150 ad contains
- 1 x $20 voucher for use at Caffe Brioso
- 1 x $20 voucher for use at Stock Market Kitchen
- 1 x $20 voucher for use at IGA
- 1 x $20 voucher for use at JGs Café
- 1 x $20 voucher for use at Biblio’s Café
- 1 x $20 voucher for use at Penny Lane Bar & Café
- 1 x voucher for a free 6-inch sub for use at Subway (valued at $10)
- 1 x voucher for a free meal + drink for use at Atomic Press (valued at $20)
- Total value of 5 prize packs is $750.
8.4 The winners from each round will be decided and notified on the Wednesday immediately following each round during the Competition Period. Winners will be announced via Instagram and via Instagram direct message, using the entrant’s details provided in the entry process.
9.1 The prize winners will be responsible for all costs associated with collecting and using their Prize.
9.2 The Prize is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or an alternative prize.
9.3 Prizes will not be mailed out.
9.4 Each prize winner must collect their Prize in person from Room 159, Level 1, The Chancellery, Gate 9, High Street, UNSW, within fourteen (14) days of notification. No winner may nominate a third party to collect a Prize on their behalf.
9.5 The entitlement to a Prize is not transferable.
9.6 UNSW Sydney gives no warranty as to the condition or use of any Prize.
10. In the event that for whatever reason, the Prize described above is unavailable, UNSW Sydney reserves the right to substitute for the unavailable Prize a prize of equal or greater value.
11. In the event that any Prize is not claimed within fourteen (14) days of the notification to the winner, UNSW Sydney reserves the right to award any unclaimed Prize to another valid entry. The selection of an alternate valid entry will be determined in the sole discretion of UNSW Sydney.
Limitation of liability
12.1 In the case of the intervention of any outside act, circumstances or event which prevents or significantly hinders UNSW Sydney’s ability to proceed with the Competition on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, or act of terrorism, UNSW Sydney may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition and UNSW Sydney will have no liability to any entrant or any other person as a result of such cancellation.
12.2 UNSW Sydney will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss or claim (including but not limited to a claim for infringement of any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right, or any claim of a similar nature) that may occur as a result of an entrant’s entry into the Competition or use of a Prize.
12.3 UNSW Sydney is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for any problems or any financial costs incurred, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other persons related to or resulting from participation in this Competition.
Use of Images
13.1 By entering the Competition, you agree that UNSW Sydney may use any ideas, know how, trade secrets or suggestions in your entry for an unlimited period for any purpose without payment of any licence fee or royalties and without acknowledgement to you.
13.2 Entrants agree that all images published on Instagram tagging @unswfoodandretail may be moderated and displayed on UNSW Sydney’s website and Facebook page and/or reposted on Instagram. UNSW will credit the photographer, and images taken remain the property of the copyright holder. Images and associated usernames will be made public to all.
13.3 By entering the Competition and accepting these Conditions, entrants agree that their images can be broadcast via digital feeds or printed for physical events by UNSW Sydney.
14.1 UNSW Sydney may collect, store and use personal information in order to conduct the Competition and for related purposes referred to in paragraph 14.3 below, and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities.
14.2 By entering the Competition, you are deemed to have expressly consented to the collection, storage, disclosure and use of your personal information for the purposes identified in these Conditions of Entry in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) and all other applicable privacy legislation.
14.3 By entering the Competition, you acknowledge and agree that UNSW Sydney may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised by the entrant in writing in accordance with paragraph 14.4, collect, store, disclose and use all personal information collected by UNSW Sydney about you in connection with this Competition for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes. All such personal information will only be used in accordance with UNSW Sydney’s Privacy Management Plan which may be found here: https://www.legal.unsw.edu.au/compliance/privacy/mgtplan.html
14.4 You should direct any request to access, update, correct or withdraw consent to your personal information to:
The Privacy Officer
Sydney NSW 2052
Phone: (02) 9385 8369
Fax: (02) 9385 2894
Enquiries about this Competition should be directed to:
UNSW Sydney Business and Campus Services