Retail Strategy & Planning
- Market research
- Consultation with students and staff
- Targeted focus groups
Retail Vendor Selection
- Determining requirements
- Conducting expressions of interest and tenders
- Contract negotiation
- Representing UNSW as a tenant and landlord
- Generation and payment of invoices
Property Advisory Services
- Acquisition and divestment strategies
- Deal structures
- Creation of easements and covenants
The Benefits We Offer
- Commercial expertise ensuring a robust financial management approach
- Extensive knowledge of the University’s interests acquired over time enables effective liaising with external stakeholders to arrive at mutually beneficial commercial growth
- Property expertise in a number of sectors and across a range of property types
Property & Leasing
We manage more than 120 leases for UNSW across a portfolio of commercial, residential, retail, rural and remote properties. This includes more than 40 food and retail services on campus.
Our Core Purpose
Our core purpose is to enable a diverse range of affordable, quality food and retail services on campus that have high appeal to our community. We manage property leases, acquisitions and disposals for UNSW.
Looking toward 2025, we are revitalising our approach and will:
- develop a UNSW Retail Blueprint to ensure a broad range of offers across campus
- explore new concepts such as pop-ups and service only offers
- investigate new leasing models to ensure offerings remain fresh
- increase our engagement with students and staff to test ideas
- use operational agreements to encourage environmental sustainability.
We are working with the Hospitality team to place a greater emphasis on customer experience and innovation to ensure that UNSW remains a leader in campus services.
The university is our customer for property sales, purchases and leasing.
Students, staff and visitors
Our retail customers are the students, staff and visitors to all UNSW campuses.
Tenants and retail owners
Our leasing customers are UNSW tenants and owners of the properties we lease.
Food & Retail on Campus
UNSW's Kensington Campus has a large variety of food and general retail services, including banks, bars, cafes and convenience stores. You'll find plenty of health and lifestyle services including an optometrist, dentist, doctor, physiotherapist and more.
Head of Property, Retail & Leasing
Manager, Property, Retail & Leasing
Property Consultant, Property, Retail and Leasing
Nadine de Launay
Property Officer, Property, Retail & Leasing
Contact Property, Retail and Leasing at firstname.lastname@example.org